Tan Sri Datuk Amar (Dr) Haji Mohamad Morshidi bun Abdul Ghani is the State Secretary of Sarawak since 2009. He has served in various organisations such as:
- PETRONAS (1980 – 1988), Director of DBKU (1988 – 1998)
- Director of Human Resource and Development Unit, Chief Minister Department
(1988 – 2001)
- Permanent Secretary to Ministry of Social Development (2001 – 2003)
- Director of State Planning Unit, Chief Minister Department (2004 – 2007)
- Deputy State Secretary of Sarawak (2007 – 2009)
- State Secretary of Sarawak (2009 onwards), and
- He also sits as Chairman or Board of Director in some non-governmental and corporate organisations.
Tan Sri Datuk Amar holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, a Master’s degree I Human Resource Administration from University of Scranton, Pennsylvania, USA and attended the Senior Executive Fellow from Harvard University, USA. In recognition of his achievements and contributions, he was awarded an Honourary Doctorate from the Swinburne University of Technology, Australia.